Here is a little history on the Hudson House:
In the 1850’s, Archibald Russell, a known philanthropist and founder of Ulster County Savings in Kingston, built a home for his family on an estate known as Glen Albyn. Archibald died in 1871 and his widow, Helen, sold the Glen Albyn estate to the Durkee family in 1885. The Durkee’s were proprietors of one of the country’s leading spice businesses and eventually condiment producers. They purchased the property as a wedding gift for their daughter and owned it until it was purchased in the 1920’s by the Christian Brotherhood and for the next 100+ years, the historic estate served as a working monastery known as the Santa Maria Novitiate.